Categories: archive

Jekyll is up and running

Finished my conversion of my website from WordPress to Jekyll. I didn’t get around to figuring out the .htaccess as much as I would have liked (I initially had default permalinks, but changed them due to the fact that I couldn’t figure out how to have my Redirect 301’s point from the old links to the new ones). So instead, I just kept the old links (now in Jekyll!).

I did spend a good amount of time looking into .htaccess and figuring out how to raise my YSlow score. I started with about a 90 (I don’t have too much going on anyway) and ended up with a 97 on the post pages and a 94 on my example pages (I don’t include javascript unless I actually use it, with the exception of Google-analytics).